OncoDNA has been nominated for the 2020 BVA Award Growth Company of the Year
OncoDNA (“OncoDNA or “the Company”), the healthcare technology company making precision medicine a reality, is happy to announce its nomination for the 2020 BVA Award Growth Company of the Year. The third edition of the BVA Private Equity & Venture Capital Award ceremony is due to take place on 29th October 2020.
BVA’s aim is to reward and celebrate high-performing Belgian companies that are backed by a private equity or venture capital investor, thus highlighting private equity as an asset class supporting the development and growth of Belgian businesses. OncoDNA has been nominated in the Growth company category, which is defined as a company backed by a private equity firm, typically through a minority investment, that is looking to expand and improve operations or enter new markets in order to accelerate its growth.
The jury will be asked to assess the awards against the following criteria:
• Building an attractive, distinctive business which stands out from others in its sector;
• Skilled execution of particular projects, including product innovation, acquisition, capital investment, international expansion, marketing innovation;
• Evidence of great and authentic leadership, including development of a strong, progressive culture and wider contribution to society;
• Overall evidence of growth, including profit growth and returns on exit;
• Evidence of a bold, decisive plan, well executed. Positive impact on employment and the local economy (in case of business transformation).
OncoDNA is a nominee in the Growth Company of the Year category together with Cegeka and CluePoints. The name of the winner will be disclosed at the occasion of BVA Awards Ceremony & Cocktail on October 29th.
The Belgian Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (in short “BVA”) was founded in 1986 as a professional association representing the venture capital (VC) and private equity (PE) community in Belgium.
The primary goals of the association are:
• to be the industry’s recognized spokesperson and to be the collective voice towards various authorities, regulatory bodies, and other stakeholders;
• to contribute to the continuous development of business in our industry by promoting the adoption of legislative and/or regulatory developments that facilitate investment activities; to promote a climate of entrepreneurship and lasting added-value creation; and, to stimulate innovation;
• to collect and analyse socio-economic, financial, legal and fiscal data related to the industry and to provide extensive information to its members, policy makers, academics and other bodies on all relevant topics;
• to improve the quality of the operation of the industry; to contribute to the training of qualified managerial groups both in funds and in their portfolio companies; and, to spread an appropriate culture;
Furthermore the BVA fosters active networking between its members and third parties. It also ensures contacts with similar associations in Belgium and abroad (Invest Europe, other national Venture Capital Associations)..
OncoDNA is a private, oncology-focused healthcare technology company that combines advanced, comprehensive testing of all clinically relevant cancer biomarkers (DNA, RNA and protein profiles) from both solid and liquid biopsies with a proprietary cancer treatment knowledge database called OncoKDO™ which continuously ‘learns’ from cutting-edge, validated, scientific and medical advances. This one-stop-shop analysis and interpretation service gives oncologists actionable results to enable the selection of treatments tailored to the individual patient’s cancer profile. For laboratories worldwide with NGS facilities who would like to reach the same level of expertise, we provide them with state-of-the-art interpretation software to improve their oncology-oriented analyses routine work. The software OncoKDM is a web-based tool that processes oncology raw NGS data to turn data into clinical insight such as treatment options or clinical trials. OncoDNA also works in collaboration with the biopharma industry to develop and deliver the treatments of tomorrow by assisting with design, enrolment and assessment of clinical trials as well as increasing access to approved precision medicines. The company is based in Gosselies, Belgium, employs approx. 50 employees in four countries, works with an international network of 35 distributors covering approx. 50 countries and is collaborating with a sub-contracted laboratory of 300 collaborators.