What we do with Next Generation Sequencing ?
OncoDNA uses Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) to test cancer biospecimens for DNA and RNA assessment.
Sequencing DNA allows us to question 3 classes of genomic alterations known to be relevant in solid tumors :
- Somatic point mutations
- Indels (insertions or deletions of bases)
- Copy number variations (CNVs
The 4th class of genomic alterations, translocations/gene fusions/rearrangements, is tested through RNA sequencing. RNA sequencing can also be used to perform expression profiling analyses.
What technology do we use ?
Routinely, OncoDNA runs all 3 devices from Thermo Fisher Scientific using Ion Torrent™ sequencing technology: Ion PGM, Ion Proton and Ion S5 XL Systems.
For specific projects, we can also run Illumina devices.
- From single gene to complete panel
- On demand target with validated panels or customized panel design
- Using solid tumor (FFPE block or slides) and/or liquid biopsy (blood, urine, CSF, saliva, …)
- From sample to biological and clinical interpretation
- AND the most flexible and personalized ctDNA solution